Great! As if hot flashes aren’t enough, now you find yourself not exactly fitting into your clothes like you used to. As the estrogen plummets and the androgen increases, your jeans could be fitting a little tighter. It’s all totally normal but you don’t have to just live with it.
A large part of our clientele ( Become a client! ) have hit the time in their life when all of a sudden they seem to be gaining a little weight. What can you do?
- Review what your’re eating Chances are, your body doesn’t need the amount of food that it used to need. Your metabolism is slowing and needing less.
- Drink Water – Water is essential to weight loss and normal body function. It’s recommended to drink 64 oz per day. Not only does drinking water curb your appetite, it also combats fatigue due to dehydration.
- Do you exercise? Muscle loss, as we age, is very natural. Increasing your muscle building exercises has many benefits, such as bone protection, strength and weight loss. No need to be pumping iron (although you may love it!), try swimming or yoga!
- Sleep Sleep can be hard to maintain when your hormones are changing however sleep is very important for so many reasons. The obvious reason is to feel rested, however, more time awake leads to eating more and being tired prompts people to eat more as your body is seeking energy.
- Seek Help & Support Finding someone to support you through weight loss, with a plan can lead to very positive results. At Food-Wise Weight Loss, we offer a medically developed plan and supportive coaching. Working with women to get to a healthy weight and feel better.